The ACS UASB reactor, with its patented technology, is the simplest version of the ACS reactors. It has been a proven standard for many years in the purification of industrial wastewater. Its function is similar to the EGSB reactor, however, only one separator is used instead of two.
With the ACS UASB reactor, high levels of degradation can be achieved even with low COD concentrations and volume flows. This makes it very advantageous even for the smallest application areas and budgets.
Range of application:
- High COD concentration > 1,000 mg/l
- Small amounts of wastewater
- Freight up to 500 kg COD/d
- Loading rate up to 15 kg COD/m³ x d
- COD / BOD removal efficiency of about 90%
For start-up, the ACS UASB reactor is filled with agglomerated methane bacteria, or so-called pellets. As soon as the organic solute pollutants come in contact with the pellets, the formation of energy-rich biogas begins immediately.
Even in a very short time after its start-up, the reactor reaches its full reactor power. Gas and wastewater flow through the reactor from bottom to top. The separation of the three phases (sludge, biogas and purified sewage) is carried out in a separator on top of the reactor.
The patented design of the ACS UASB reactor permits the pellets to grow without support materials and allows them to remain in high concentration in the reactor permanently.
- Low-maintenance technology
- Odorless design
- Prevention of high sludge buildup
- Protection of the environment and sustainable image of the operator
- Low operating and investment costs through simplified design
- Cost savings in wastewater fees
- Production of biogas
- Patented and developed leading technology
- Many years of experience and references